Are you a Garmin Runner?

So basically I just learned I could share my Garmin run on my blog also and just had to try it out! If this works you should be able to see my run and details about it.
 For those that may not know what a Garmin is, its basically an awesome watch and a runner's (or cyclist's) best friend. I honestly don't even feel comfortable running without mine now. It has the ability to track your pace per mile, heart rate, distance, total time, calories burned and lets you upload all this information onto your computer and as you can see here, even to the web! It's actually pretty cool to share on Facebook and let your friends know (okay brag) how much you ran that day. In reality its been an awesome running tool for me during my training to help me stay on pace and even more importantly during a race. 

I was able to achieve my best half and full marathon times after first wearing my Garmin 110 by staying within my planned pace all throughout the race. I usually had the bad habit, as most beginning runners do, to start off too fast and this really helped me avoid that and consequently able to finish stronger. 

Its really not something I would recommend if you're just starting off and getting into running though. But if you've done a few races and are looking for a way to train better and improve your personal time then this would be an excellent investment. There's several different models but honestly all you really need is pace and distance and the most basic model will give you just that. You can check it out here.

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment